Visit our Online Flea Market!

November 20, 2015


I'm about to open a HUGE can of worms with this
Before and After Friday post but here goes -

Painted Brick!
(You just gasped, didn't you?)

I know, I know.  Painting brick is a major decision, one that can
impact your home for decades.  And not one that's easily reversed.

Link
The traditional Atlanta home, above, was beautiful before
but now looks more like a French chalet.


Dated rancher, before:
 Sophisticated rancher, after:

You have to admit that this house looks so much
more contemporary after the brick was painted:
Here it is from another angle:


Link

70's rancher, before:
 70's rancher, after:


It's hard to believe that these two photos are of the same house:
Link

The combination of paint and shutters
gives this home a whole new look:
Source

This renovation is quite amazing:

Not gonna' lie - this brick is just not pretty:
Source
Yet, another reason to paint it!


Painting brick makes it stand out from all of
the other brick homes in the neighborhood:
 
Link


This little cottage . . . . 
 . . . . has so much more character now:
Link


Yes, I've featured this makeover before but today I want you to specifically
notice that painting the siding and the brick is more unifying:

Source

Here are a few more examples of how
paint unifies brick and siding:
Link


Link



Call me silly but I think this house
looks grander after it was painted:
 
Link


This house was sort of painted (it was lime
washed) and the results are stunning:
Link


I wish I had photos of the entire house but just from the
shot of the garage you can see how much more interesting
this brick house is after being painted:
Link

The Curb Appeal went through the roof with this transformation:
Source

Our old brick house was painted when we purchased it but I loved
painted brick homes even before we bought it.  I'm probably not going
to convert you to painted brick in one post but maybe I persuaded
you to think about it?  

Have a great weekend, friends, and good luck
picking out a turkey for next Thursday!

10 comments:

  1. Still not sure, I agree some can look better painted than others. It takes a lot of work to keep them looking in pristine condition too I would think. Have a great thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is the lime washed.. Looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no problem with painting brick on the OUTSIDE of a house! But I must confess, I absolutely cringe when someone suggests painting a brick fireplace! NO NO NO!.Exposed brick walls inside a dwelling make a statement, offer contrast, provide an earthy element that brings the outdoors inside. A hearth, with a fire, should be natural whether it is brick or stone-natural. Just my humble opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great examples of when to paint brick! The 70's rancher is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, some/many/all of these are dramatically better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love the last ranch with the light mint door, but can't tell what the brick color is. A light gray with medium gray shutters? If anyone knows these paint names/colors, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What paint finish (flat, eggshell, semi gloss, gloss) do you use ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. redirected here replica bags from china free shipping Your Domain Name replica bags vuitton browse around these guys replica bags chicago

    ReplyDelete
  9. replica bags for sale this content b2y64k4f95 replica bags thailand look at here now o9w17i6t88 high replica bags replica bags qatar you can try here i4h47e8a42 louis vuitton replica handbags replica bags cheap

    ReplyDelete