Visit our Online Flea Market!

October 13, 2015

Thrifty Tip Tuesday!

Today I stopped by my local PPG - Glidden Paint Store and
made an amazing discovery - drastically reduced paint!

Called mis-tints, these quarts, gallons and 5 gallon buckets are top
quality unused paint that was a shade off of the customers'
specification.  Regular $40 a gallon paint can be purchased for $5:
I was amazed at the number of gallons of beige and beautiful
blues.  There's a color sample on top of each container.
 You might ask, "What if I need more than one gallon of beige?"  
There were several cans and buckets of the same mis-tint.

The next time you're paint shopping consider the
drastic savings on an Oops can!


The second Thrifty Tip I want to share with you is:
 Teflon coated paint tray!  
That's right - no need for a tray liner.
Simply let the paint dry then peal it off.  Brilliant!
Priced at under $7, the ingenious tray can save you
a lot of money on those flimsy plastic tray liners.

Wish I had invented that!

1 comment:

  1. Such great ideas.
    I think blue is one of the hardest colors to get right.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete