Visit our Online Flea Market!

June 26, 2014


If you happen to be home on a rainy Summer afternoon what do you do to pass the time?  Clean the house?  Catch up on laundry?   
Heck, no!  Go fleaChic browsing on the internet!
Link 
Do you know much about antique celluloid toys?  Me, neither.  But this Uncle Sam figure from the early 1900s is in very good shape.  Apparently, celluloid degrades with time and is quite fragile so finding a 100+ year old piece is quite rare.  $300 worth of rare?  I don't think so.

I found another one on the same site (Etsy) for $150 but it isn't in quite as good a shape.


Made from metal, this vintage patriotic spinning toy from the 1950s is priced at $32.95.  You hardly ever run across these anymore.


I wonder why manufacturers quit making these simple spinning tops.  It seems that if it can't be made from plastic these days, it's just not worth making.  Sad.

Enamel broaches were SO popular in the 1960s.  I had an aunt who had one for every occasion.  Back in the 90s you could find these at yard sales for 25¢ but today collectors scoop them up for a few dollars.

(I think this browsing expedition took a detour down Memory Lane!)

Enamel clip-on earrings are groovy, too.

Here's an enamel broach and earring set priced at $48 and you probably couldn't have given them away 20 years ago:


You'd definitely be The Show Stopper at the 4th of July
Bar-B-Que in this 1980s creation.  But, $41?  Ouch!


I probably laughed when I saw these Converse high tops at the mall many years ago.  Priced at $195 - who's getting the last laugh?!


Hippies made ponchos The Thing back in the 60s but I've never been a poncho kind of girl.  Here's your chance to buy an authentic piece of Counter Culture (is that an oxymoron?!) for only $20.

1980s holiday sweaters are mocked by many:
But I'll bet our grandchildren will find them
quite pricey at antique shops in the future.

Well, it's stopped raining and now I'm depressed - why didn't I
invest in high tops and enamel jewelry instead of Beanie Babies???

Maybe I'll reconsider those holiday sweaters . . . . . . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment