Visit our Online Flea Market!

August 28, 2012

Feeling a little extra Earth-friendly today?  Me, too.
So let's take a look at a few clever repurposing projects.

I'm going to start out with my very favorite -
a succulent garden growing in a snail shell!
 
 
Whether you happen upon abandoned shells on the beach or
purchase them in the craft shop, they make darling little planters.
 
 

You have to admit - this IS the cutest
hanging garden you've ever seen!

 
 
 
Just can't get enough ideas for repurposing shutters, can we?
 
 
 
 
You know how disappointed you are when you run across
an antique or vintage book that's too damaged to salvage?
Buy it anyway and make a bookmark out of the beautiful spine.
 
 




 Bump Smitten
The next time you catch yourself in need of pretty and
inexpensive centerpieces for a casual get-together, cover
tin cans in gift wrapping paper and plant a few blooming
flowers in each one.  This is a great craft project for the
little helpful hands in your family.


 
 
Classy Miss Molassy

Many thrift shops sell needlecraft hoops for less
than a dollar each.  Using bright and colorful
fabrics it's easy to create inexpensive wall art.


Garage Sale Gal
As much as we love them, antique claw-foot bathtubs
just aren't practical in most of our bathrooms.  But, what's
to stop us from using one as a planter or coffee table,
especially on a porch?!

I hope today's post inspires you to take a look around your house
and repurpose every day items in new and useful ways.
Our planet thanks you!

6 comments:

  1. Hello! Thought to stop by and introduce my blog a little bit. I love looking at art designs and interior design, love your blog<3 I hope you stop by my blog and follow if you like. Thank you so much for your time and hope you stop by!

    Little K.
    http://lilkfashionista.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Jan
    Love all of these ideas! I adore succulents and have several varieties in clay pots...but the snail shell idea is so clever and sweet! You mentioned on my blog about the Leibister Blog Award (I think I spelled it incorrectly). Curious to know about that too!
    XOXO
    Teresa in California
    http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Teresa, I don't want to spoil the surprise - I've already let half of the cat out of the bag! Just check fleaChic.com on Friday for a special post. Ah, mysteries!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sea shells, I will have to try that. Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some seashells that I plan to fill with succulents. Have a few pork & beans rooting and waiting for transfer. Love all the exciting things you show above. I recognize you from pinterest. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete