Visit our Online Flea Market!

April 18, 2012

I wish I was clever

clever  \kle-var\adj 1. showing skill or resourcefulness; 2. marked by wit or ingenuity
                                             


We all know imaginative people who have an effortless knack for
creativity and style.


Clever people are like people who are innately funny.  It's a gift,
not something you can study or learn.  


Pictures can explain it so much better.


Clever people . . . . .




. . . . don't just put flowers in a vase, they wrap them in vintage sheet music first;



. . . . don't toss their supplies in tin cans, they toss their supplies in decorative tin cans;



. . . . don't lay out silverware for a buffet, they separate them in cute little ceramic planters;



. . . . don't use big, rectangular Mood boards, they use multiple clipboards;

. . . . don't use regular clipboards - they cover their clipboards in toile;

. . . . don't use a frame to display a page from an old book, they use a vintage clipboard;


. . . . don't preserve Grandma's secret recipes on cards, they write them on the inside of the cupboard;


. . . . wrote on the walls as children and their parents thought they were wonderful;




. . . . don't just enjoy a good read, they make it unforgettable;



. . . . decorate their porches with as much attention as they decorate the interior of their homes;



. . . . use lemons as place cards even when the dining is informal;



. . . . turn sliced grapefruits, yellow food coloring, wildflowers and mason jars into memorable centerpieces.


Yes, that's what clever people do.

5 comments:

  1. Well... you are clever to have all of these lovely clever ideas on your blog! how fun!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Tequila soup chalkboard! Yes, I'm happy to follow you, also. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm Sugar from The Other Me Is Sane. I'm your newest follower (number 45) and have enjoyed reading your latest posts and look forward to seeing more in the future. Thanks for stopping by my blog recently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by fleaChic. I'm relatively new at blogging - about 8 months now. Until recently I wrote for the sole enjoyment of creating a daily post but have tentatively ventured out and joined other blogs. Again, thanks for joining fleaChic and I'll stop by your blog regularly.

      Delete
    2. Just a quick correction - I actually created one post in 2009 and it took another 2 years for me to continue! But, I'm getting the hang of it now.

      Delete