Visit our Online Flea Market!

April 16, 2012

Happy Income Tax Filing Day!

What?!  It's true.  I'll celebrate just about anything.  And I'm particularly happy to party over the following Before & After Projects - these girls really know how to economize and streeeeeeeetch a dollar.


1.  Yes, this is a stock photo because there is no 'before' shot but you get the 'picture'
     (groan, sorry, it's Monday):


AFTER:  Oui, cheri - all together now, "Oh, My Gosh!"

So fleaChic!


2.  Words can't adequately describe my astonishment at this transformation so I won't even try:

Your mind is spinning and shouting, "I can do that!"  


3.  Sometimes a beautiful piece of furniture is just too far gone to be restored to its original
     state, especially when the laminate is damaged or missing:

Lucky Me Studios
Charming!


4.  Don't even act like you haven't seen chairs like these at the thrift store calling your name:

The Backyard Bungalow
precious, precious, Precious!  
(As a parent you have to say something 3 times to get the desired response.)


5.  Mid-Century Modern credenzas aren't as plentiful as they were 5 years ago so you'd
     better start looking for one:

The Mindful Nest
I can almost hear Frank Sinatra on the stereo!


6.  The chest of drawers below was literally on the side of the road, headed to the dump
     and missing the drawers:


Cameras and Chaos
With a reinforced interior and paint treatment this chest
makes a beautiful linen press or craft fabric organizer.


7.  Another fresh idea for a dated chest:

551 East Design
Left in its original state this chest was hardly noticeable.
Now, it's a statement piece.


8.  Buffets offer an amazing amount of storage and do double duty as a bar or serving station
     when you entertain:

Dumped and Discovered
This buffet is a beautiful compliment to the decor.

9.  Go from 'okay' to 'awesome' with a staple gun and some new fabric:

I want to leave you smiling so I've saved the funniest 'til last:

10.  Who says renovators don't have a sense of humor?!




I laughed when I came across these pictures. What a cute idea!  Meg, of Meg and Mums, is a talented Aussie with a knack for the unique. 

LOVE it!





Please visit the sites that I've credited and make it a great one even if it is Tax Day!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm in awe of other's vision and talents to not only salvage a discarded piece of furniture but to make it even better than it was when it was new. Glad you appreciate their efforts, too!

      Delete